Saturday, March 28, 2015

No new cake today...just a question

So, I know this blog was supposed to be about cakes.  Specifically about cakes from the book Close up on Cakes.  but seriously, who just wants to bake cakes.  I mean I Have been baking bread for years. And Yes, I still listen to music, mostly picked due to B-sides when I bake bread.

But now, my wife and daughter have gotten me into Pinterest.  Or as I call it, Crack for Crafty folk.

Now don't get me wrong.  It has been a great source of inspiration for me in other parts of my life, Like the woodworking I do.  Great inspiration.  but lately, my daughter has been posting Macaroons...Lemon, Raspberry, Irish Cream....oh, did I mention I love Macaroons?

A little share here.  On vacation one year, we went to St. Martins, and traveled to the French side of the island.  We passed by, and eventually stopped at this bakery.  Well, we did the typical one of everything, and two of the things we like.  What we ended up with was way too many macaroons!  And we were eating them for the rest of the trip!

Now, I am questioning, should I limit this blog to just the cakes, or should I branch out some.

As I write this out, I am coming to a conclusion. I can still bake the bread, and branch out into macaroons, I just won't write about them on this blog.  At least until I finish with the cakes.

BTW, Monday I will draw for the next Cake!

Happy Baking all!

2 comments: