Saturday, April 11, 2015

Into every life little booboo's will occur...

So, in going through out cake pans, I couldn't find a 9" round pie pan, and to be honest I didn't want to use the springform pan, and cut it in half like the recipe said.  So I grabbed two 10" pans, and made a double batch....needless to say, it really didn't work out like I planned.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's tasty, just not what I thought it would look like.

Well here are the photos.

 Here is what the cake was supposed to look like...

Here is my double batch of batter, and the two 10" pans all buttered up.....

Notice how they don't fill up the pans...

Well, they didn't puff up much....well they didn't puff up at all.

Okay, so I went through the motions on this, though I must say the whip cream rocked!

At least it tastes good....

Tell you something here, I broke a cardinal rule I have.  Follow the recipe to the letter the first time you make it.  I didn't and this one's on me.

So I will be re-baking in the next day or so, following the recipe to the letter.  It also means, I will be going out and finding baking pans!  I figure I will need (2) 9" round pans, and (1) 8" round pan, that should allow me to make all the cakes in the book.  Perhaps it's the woodworker in me, but the right tools make the job easier.

No excuses, though: Remember to always follow the recipe.

I will update in a day or two when I follow the recipe :(

Keep baking all!

No comments:

Post a Comment